UAE Caravan

UAE Caravan

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meeting with H.E. Christian Wulff

Good morning all ^_^ How are you doing? hope everything is fine.

Last Sunday (14th of February), I had the chance to meet a German Politician, who was visiting the UAE with the delegation accompanying him. He was Mr. Christian Wulff, Minister-President of Lower Saxony, Germany.



The meeting was held in Konrad Adenauer Stiftung office in Abu Dhabi, and was attended by a number of UAE students and officials.

Actually it was a good opportunity for both sides to talk about their cultures, ask questions and get answers about many things in their minds.

One thing really caught my attention, and I have noticed it in this meeting (From Mr. Wulff's replies to our questions) and during the last workshop I have attended in Dubai, when Emirati and German young journalists worked together side by side to produce a magazine in Arabic and German (I have mentioned it before). The thing is, and I don't know if I got it right, but Germans are not very proud of their history, and as a matter of fact, one of the German young journalist (While we were at the house of the German Ambassador to the UAE in Abu Dhabi said "We have been ashamed of ourselves since world war II".

The start of the war is generally held to be September 1, 1939, with the invasion of Poland by Nazi Germany and subsequent declarations of war on Germany by most of the countries in the British Empire and Commonwealth, and by France.

I really would like to know more about this, maybe during my trip to Germany next June "Insha'Allah", where I will get to meet more young people who are willing to exchange information about our cultures, history and more.

Can't wait ^_^

P.S: I will let you all know my trip plan to Germany as soon as it is ready and confirmed.

1 comment:

  1. Despite teh offical work. i must say do arrange the Dubai Desert Safari trip. and get to know the how the Desert life can be.

    ReplyDelete